Saturday, May 13, 2017

Psilocybin Day At The Office


Every Friday my teenage daughter packs my lunch for work. Once or twice a year (usually in summer) she spikes my peppermint tea with psilocybin. I find out about a half hour after I’m done eating! I quietly clean my desk, close my briefcase and tell my boss that I just vomited in the bathroom and need to head home. I call my wife and tell her I have to work late. 
Today (!) I walked down to the river and sat, leaning against a tree, staring at the sunlight dancing on the water and the ants working all around me until it got dark and the moon could walk me home. 
I quietly stepped into the apartment and tapped my daughter’s shoulder. She looked up and took out her earbuds. “Thanks!” I whispered. “Sure,” she sparkled. I headed for the fridge and made a perfect peanut butter sandwich! Then I lied down on the carpet nose to nose with Trix (our sweet mutt) and rested my hand on the back of her soft head while staring at her twitching face. 

I woke up in the dark, alone, under a blanket my mom crocheted for us. I pulled the blanket over my head and fell back to sleep. 
Good night!

No comments: